Goods and Personnel Hoisting System
Penrice Soda Products recently engaged E&A Contractors to review, redesign & improve the
safety elements of a goods & personnel hoisting system required for a kiln reline in July 2011.
Key aspects of the scope of work included:
- Ensure the design met all safety aspects of the operation of the platform to relevant Australian Standards.
- The platform was fit for purpose.
- Installation & integration of the new designed winching system to the existing plant.
The project was conducted with a high degree of detail, ensuring that the project was a success in terms of:
- Project was completed with no recordable incident
- Project was delivered above expectations
- Project was managed exceptionally, with excellent information gathering, planning, scheduling, supervision/labour supply.
- Ensuring cost effective resource management.
E&A Contractors professional & qualified engineering team instilled a high level of confidence to Penrice
in their approach to managing the project for each phase of the project, from conceptual design,
through to site installation & commissioning. It is a credit to their team.
Todd Nelson - Engineering Manager
Penrice - Goods and Personnel Hoisting System.
Clark Shaft Recovery Project
I would personally like to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for the recent
support provided to the Clark Shaft Recovery Project.
We acknowledge your effort to urgently fabricate sheave wheel stand and winder support frame.
Your continued support is critical to the project especially during the upcoming Christmas period
where not only coverage is important but more importantly to keep safety in the forefront of everyone's mind.
May you and your staff have a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.
Barry Mitchell - VP Mining
BHP Billiton - Clark Shaft Recovery Project